Our Healthy Living Program began in 2014 and is designed to help our people make better choices about their health. It covers a range of topics including both workplace and lifestyle issues.
Each month there is a new focus on an issue of importance to our people. At times, we have also had the opportunity to extend the Healthy Living Program into the community at Borroloola.
Some of the initiatives supported under the program include:
- Free skin cancer checks for employees and information sessions in Borroloola
- Participation in the RUOK initiative
- Shave for a Cure, in conjunction with lead awareness on site
- Site visit and participation at the Borroloola Show by the Cancer Council of the Northern Territory
- Site visit and participation at the Borroloola Rodeo by Quit Smoking
- Walking Challenge to encourage staff and contractors to walk 10,000 steps a day
- Diabetes awareness sessions.