We are committed to the highest standards of environmental management and performance. Our management practices proactively prevent risks and we have a comprehensive monitoring program in place to regularly assess and record the mine's environmental performance.
Our aim is to preserve the long-term health, function, and viability of the natural environment through:
- operating to environmental standards and eliminating, mitigating and remediating the potential environmental effects of our activities
- conserving our natural resources by avoiding destruction of natural habitats and efficiently using and recycling materials
- assessing environmental conditions, potential risks and effects of our activities
- minimising our greenhouse gas emissions and working with others to address climate change
- responding to local communities and other stakeholders on environmental matters.