The Community Reference Group is an opportunity for local residents, businesses and representatives from other organisations to hear about what is happening at MRM as well as ask questions of senior management.
Chaired independently by Sid Rusca, the MRM Community Reference Group meets at least quarterly in Borroloola and sometimes on site. The meeting is usually attended by the MRM General Manager, Senior Community Relations Advisor, Health Safety Environment and Community Manager and a representative from Human Resources.
- mining operations
- our environmental monitoring programs in and around the McArthur River and Gulf
- sponsorships and donations and the MRM Community Benefits Trust
- sacred sites and sites of cultural significance
- local business, employment and training opportunities
- community feedback on needs, priorities, ideas and views.
A summary of each meeting is published in the MRM magazine, Memorandum.